Package components are delivered as online products:
Complete Guide to Foam Rolling
Complete Guide to Foam Rolling e-book
- Continuing education exam
is the answer to improved athletic performance. Foam rolling before, during, and after a workout can get blood flowing, stimulate muscles to work more efficiently, and initiate the recovery process to reduce soreness.
Backed by scientific research, Complete Guide to Foam Rolling
provides step-by-step instructions for 27 of the most effective foam rolling techniques for muscle preparation and recovery. Reduce pain and restore function with therapeutic movements that help rehabilitate the body and reduce the risk of injury. Learn proper techniques to breathe, relax, and roll through tight spots as part of the warm-up, flexibility work, and cool-down. Then adapt any of the ready-to-use protocols to create a customized program to address specific problem areas as well as overall muscle and nervous system needs.
In addition, the e-book reviews the various types of rolling equipment and which is best for particular needs. Special tips throughout the text provide further advice for preventing injury to muscles and joints.
Invest in your training success—and that of your clients and athletes—by applying these proven self-massage techniques. Complete Guide to Foam Rolling
paves the way for better overall performance while offering certified professionals the opportunity to earn continuing education credits with the companion exam.
After reading the book and completing the exam, you will be able to
- explain how foam rolling aids in muscle recovery;
- describe the flexibility benefits of foam rolling;
- identify the benefits of foam rolling for injury prevention;
- understand the contraindications for foam rolling;
- describe the types of equipment that can be used for foam rolling and the conditions under which each should be used;
- understand how muscle and nerve function and position play a role in foam rolling technique;
- perform a movement assessment to identify muscles that can benefit from foam rolling;
- explain how foam rolling can improve performance in sport;
- list the three types of stretching that can increase flexibility;
- describe how foam rolling can enhance rehabilitation from injury; and
- create effective foam rolling programs to be used during warm-up, flexibility work, and recovery.