Course components are delivered as printed products:
Developing Agility and Quickness book
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
At the completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand guidelines for developing agility and quickness and how to apply them in designing effective training programs.
- Understand the key factors that determine both agility and quickness and how these factors influence an athlete’s ability to achieve high-level performance.
- Use a variety of testing and assessment tools in evaluating agility and quickness in athletes.
- Design safe and effective training programs for agility and quickness to meet specific goals for a variety of sports and activities.
- Identify a variety of drills and training techniques for developing agility and quickness to improve athletic performance.
- Understand how to incorporate cognitive decision-making tasks into training programs after you master movement skills and techniques.
Most competitive sports require rapid whole-body movements in which athletes need to accelerate, decelerate, and change direction in response to game situations. The difference between success and failure is often determined by the athlete’s ability to act and react quickly. That’s why coaches, athletes, and strength and conditioning professionals continually search for more effective ways to improve agility and quickness.
The Developing Agility and Quickness Print CE course
provides evidence-based assessment tools, exercises, drills, and training regimens to achieve that goal. Based on the book Developing Agility and Quickness
from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), this course includes 10 agility and quickness tests to gauge present abilities and progress over time. With more than 100 drills, the course is a smorgasbord of proven activities to enhance athletes’ ability to rapidly accelerate or decelerate in three dimensions. Professionals are armed with information to tailor training to specific needs. The course has clear explanations of the factors that influence
- change-of-direction speed and the essential components of rapid force development,
- high power output, and
- explosive movement.
The study guide includes a course syllabus, learning objectives, learning activities, and referenced answer key. The study guide emphasizes key concepts of the book to prepare individuals to pass the 75-question exam composed of multiple-choice and true-or-false questions at the completion of the course.
The Developing Agility and Quickness Print CE Course
is an invaluable resource for strength and conditioning professionals seeking to help clients maximize their athletic performance in today’s fast-action sports.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Course Syllabus
Part 2: Learn and Practice with the Developing Agility and Quickness Book
Chapter 1: Factors Determining Agility
Chapter 2: Factors Determining Quickness
Chapter 3: Testing Agility and Quickness
Chapter 4: Agility Drills
Chapter 5: Quickness Drills
Chapter 6: Agility and Quickness Program Design
Chapter 7: Sport-Specific Agility and Quickness Training
Study Guide Answer Key
Part 3: Exam and Evaluation
Exam Answer Sheet
A course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers,
athletic trainers, fitness instructors, and other certified