Course components are delivered as printed products:
Developing Speed book
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
At the completion of this course you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the factors that contribute to speed and the science behind effective speed performance.
- Explain the technical differences between maximum speed and speed as it relates to an athlete’s ability to improve performance in a variety of sports.
- Identify the technical requirements for developing high-level running speed.
- Evaluate speed in athletes using a variety of assessment tools.
- Design safe and effective training programs for speed to meet specific goals for a variety of sports and activities.
- Implement a variety of drills and exercises to develop speed to maximize athletic performance.
Speed has long been recognized as a key component of superior sport performance. Whether chasing a long pass in football or sprinting down the court on a fast break in basketball, a player requires speed in overall ability. Now with the Developing Speed
course, professionals can develop their clients’ speed for elite athletic performance.
Based on the book of the same name written by eight of the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s top experts, this course is packed with research and recommendations, making it the definitive resource for creating scientifically sound training programs that take speed to the highest level. Using assessments, drills and exercises, and program design, professionals can develop customized regimens or choose from one of the eight sport-specific applications of speed training: baseball, basketball, football, ice hockey, rugby, soccer, tennis, and track.
The study guide includes a course syllabus, learning objectives, learning activities, and referenced answer key. The study guide emphasizes key concepts of the book to prepare individuals to pass the 75-question exam composed of multiple-choice and true-or-false questions at the completion of the course.
The Developing Speed Print CE Course
is an invaluable resource for strength and conditioning professionals seeking to help clients increase speed and blow past the competition.
Skills Active / REPs pre requisites can be found here:
Table of Contents
Learn and Practice With the Developing Speed Book
Chapter 1: The Nature of Speed
Chapter 2: Technical Models of Speed
Chapter 3: Technical Development of Linear Speed
Chapter 4: Assessment of Speed
Chapter 5: Developing Sport-Specific Speed
Chapter 6: Sport-Specific Speed Training
Learning Activities Answer Key
Exam and Evaluation
Exam Answer Sheet
A course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers,
athletic trainers, fitness instructors, and other certified