Course components are delivered online:
Exercise Technique Manual for Resistance Training, Third Edition e-book
- Video clips
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
At the completion of this course you will be able to do the following:
Exercise Technique Manual for Resistance Training, Third Edition Online CE Course
- Understand spotting techniques for various resistance training exercises.
- Understand and apply breathing guidelines during resistance training.
- Understand various training exercise modes.
- Organize resistance training exercises into categories.
- Analyze resistance training exercise technique through video.
- Recognize improper resistance training exercise technique.
- Manipulate resistance training exercise technique to improve safety and effectiveness.
- Explain proper resistance training exercise technique.
- Determine proper grip type and grip width.
- Describe the concentric actions that occur during resistance training.
- Identify the predominant muscle groups, body areas, and muscles involved during resistance training.
is a practical resource for strength and conditioning professionals and personal trainers. With unmatched visual demonstration of a variety of free weight and machine exercises, the course is a valuable tool for professionals who design programs for athletes and clients of all ages and fitness levels.
The course is based on content created by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and includes the following:
- Coverage of 70 exercises (54 free-weight and 16 machine exercises), with step-by-step instructions and full-color photos
- Online video for each resistance training exercise, which demonstrates proper technique and highlights common errors in technique
- A special section on alternative modes and nontraditional implements, including kettlebell exercises
Information is organized by body region, including total body, lower body, upper body, and core, and focuses on specific resistance training exercises that pertain to each region. Every section contains a table that describes each exercise’s concentric action, predominant muscle groups, and muscles involved, enabling professionals to understand the impact of the exercises on each body region. To reinforce fundamental techniques, the text includes guidelines related to general safety, tips for breathing and spotting, preparatory body position, and weight belt recommendations.
The course study guide contains a course syllabus, learning objectives, learning activities, and a referenced study guide answer key. The final exam consists of 100 multiple-choice and true-or-false questions that address concepts from the course materials. Upon passing the exam, individuals may print out and submit a certificate for continuing education credits.
Skills Active / REPs pre requisites can be found here:
Table of Contents
- Course Materials
- Course Instructions
- How to Access the Online Video
- Learning Objectives
Learning With the Exercise Technique Manual for Resistance Training Book
- Part I: Total Body
- Power and Explosive Exercises
- Part II; Lower Body
- Hip and Thigh (Multijoint) Exercises
- Hip and Thigh (Single-Joint) Exercises
- Calf (Single-Joint) Exercises
- Part III: Upper Body
- Chest (Multijoint) Exercises
- Chest (Single-Joint) Exercises
- Back (Multijoint) Exercises
- Shoulder (Multijoint) Exercises
- Shoulder (Single-Joint) Exercises
- Biceps (Single-Joint) Exercises
- Triceps (Single-Joint) Exercises
- Forearm (Single-Joint) Exercises
- Part IV: Core
- Core Exercises
- Part V: Alternative Modes and Nontraditional Implements
- Exercises Using Alternative Modes and Nontraditional Implements
- Learning Activities Answer Key
Exam and Evaluation
- Exam Answer Sheet
- Course Evaluation
- Certificate Information
A continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and
conditioning professionals, athletic trainers, and health and fitness