Enter the game with confidence, knowing you’ve mastered the essentials. Field Hockey: Steps to Success
combines a comprehensive, progressive approach with in-depth instruction, illustrations, and 86 drills.
Master coach and field hockey legend Elizabeth Anders details the step-by-step program that will teach you how to develop these skills:
- Score more goals by developing better shooting techniques.
- Improve ball control and dribbling.
- Establish solid passing and receiving skills.
- Develop better footwork and balance for improved stick handling.
- Employ attacking and defensive tactics.
- Become a better goalkeeper through correct positioning and increased awareness in the net.
Whether you are new to the sport or seeking new techniques to add to your arsenal, Field Hockey: Steps to Success
—part of the popular Steps to Success Series that has sold more than 1.5 million copies—will help you improve every aspect of your game.
Balance and Footwork
Passing and Receiving
Controlling the Ball and Dribbling
Leading the Attack and Defense
Supporting the Lead Attacker
Supporting the Lead Defender
Organizing the Team’s System of Play