Course components are delivered as online products:
Fusion Workouts: Fitness, Yoga, Pilates, and Barre e-book
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
offers guidance in how to effectively and safely create enjoyable, effective workouts that use exercises from Pilates, barre, yoga, and traditional fitness. Combining the four disciplines into creative sequences can help your clients gain strength, muscle definition, flexibility, balance, and overall mind–body health.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- List the benefits and principles of fusion workouts, and describe the fusion five-step system.
- Explain the importance of core conditioning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective breathing techniques during exercise and in daily life.
- Describe the connection between mind, body, and breath.
- Understand how to incorporate mindful practices such as breathing techniques, progressive relaxation, and simple meditation into your practice.
- Identify how to set intentions with physical, mental, and emotional focuses.
- Display an understanding of fusion exercises for warm-up, standing strength, floor strength, balance, flexibility, and calming and restoration.
- Appropriately choose fusion workouts by level, time, purpose, and activity.
Built around the book of the same name written by Helen Vanderburg, who is the creator and program developer of Fusion Fitness Training, and has taught and trained instructors globally on fusion exercise, the Fusion Workouts
course guides you through a five-step system that accounts for your clients’ fitness levels, goals, time available, activity preferences, and more. Select from 15 ready-to-follow workouts, or mix it up and create your own. There are more than 100 exercises and poses along with easy-to-follow guidelines for sequencing them for maximum efficiency, effectiveness, and enjoyment.
The study guide includes a course syllabus, learning objectives, learning activities, and a referenced answer key. The study guide highlights the key concepts of the book in order to prepare individuals to pass the 50-question exam (composed of multiple-choice questions) at the end of the course.
Does your client want more Pilates and yoga with less barre? Less yoga and more fitness? No problem. This course enables you to create the ideal workout!
Table of Contents
- Course Syllabus
- Course Materials
- Course Instructions
- Learning Objectives
- Learning With the Fusion Workouts Book
- Chapter 1: What Are Fusion Workouts?
- Chapter 2: Getting Started
- Chapter 3: Mindfulness and Intention
- Chapter 4: Warming Up
- Chapter 5: Standing Strength, Balance, and Flexibility Exercises
- Chapter 6: Floor Strength, Balance, and Flexibility Exercises
- Chapter 7: Calming and Restorative Exercises
- Learning Activities Answer Key
- Exam and Evaluation
- Exam Answer Sheet
- Course Evaluation
- Certificate Information
A course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers,
athletic trainers, fitness instructors, and other certified