Course components are delivered as printed products:
Martial Fitness Kickboxing Print CE Course, Updated Version,
- 4 DVDs
- Instructor training manual
- Continuing education exam
provides the information required to properly teach the movements and techniques from boxing, martial arts, kickboxing, and self-defense training. Designed to prepare novice or intermediate instructors, this course offers modifications, balanced workouts, information on safety and equipment, training guidelines, and new drills. You will be able to explain the benefits of kickboxing fitness, create a safe and effective exercise regimen tailored to the demands and expectations of almost any target audience, and motivate your class participants to succeed. Class design and choreography, teaching progressions, and sample circuit classes will help you to design and lead a kickboxing fitness class. The included DVDs demonstrate moves and techniques, proper use of Focus Pads, and choreography. The course concludes with a continuing education exam for credit through participating organizations.
- Clarify the difference between competitive (sport) kickboxing and kickboxing fitness.
- Explain the benefits associated with participation in a kickboxing fitness program.
- Demonstrate and instruct the safe and proper execution of starting positions, upper and lower body strikes, bob and weave, and more.
- Identify the primary joint movements involved in each action phase of the techniques.
- Discuss safety concerns associated with each movement and technique described in the course.
- Provide information about technique modifications that can be used for certain situations and environments where injury potential may be high.
- Understand the concept of beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of participation.
- Explain and demonstrate choreography patterns and be aware of factors affecting choreography instruction.
- Develop a clear understanding of how to evaluate, plan the use of, and use kickboxing training equipment in classes and programs.
- Teach proper execution of skills, drills, and workout routines—with or without equipment—that could be included in a kickboxing or MMA fitness training class.
Table of Contents
The Starting Position: The Fighter’s Stance
Upper Body Strikes
Lower Body Strikes
Hand Wraps Versus Training Gloves
Focus Pad Training
Heavy Bag Training
Body Shield Training
Jump Rope Training
Double-Ended Ball Training
Swiss Ball and Medicine Ball Training
Skills, Drills, and Workout Routines
Kickboxing and MMA Fitness Workouts
Introducing Elastic Resistance Tubing to Your Workouts
FitStrike DVD: Drill Descriptions
A continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and
conditioning coaches, and other fitness professionals.