The continuing education exam is delivered online and tests your knowledge after reading the article Nutrition for Menopause and Beyond,
available as a downloadable PDF
. Upon successful completion of this exam, you will be able to retrieve your certificate of completion from the My Courses/Transcripts area of the Education Center and submit it to your certifying organization. Instructions for retrieving this certificate, as well as information on taking the exam, will be e-mailed to you when your order is complete. Nutrition for Menopause and Beyond Online CE Course
offers an outstanding review of the physiological changes and nutrition deficiencies and needs associated with menopause. The article covers nutrition factors related to weight management, osteoporosis, gastrointestinal problems, and breast cancer during and after menopause. It also provides information on dietary supplementation and nutrient needs for physically active women.
- Describe physiological changes associated with menopause.
- Understand weight management in menopausal women.
- Identify the impact of nutrition on gastrointestinal problems, osteoporosis, and breast cancer.
- List common nutrient insufficiencies and food sources of these nutrients.
- Understand the dynamics of dietary supplement use.
- Describe fluid and nutrient needs for active menopausal women.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of Menopause
- Hot Flashes and Night Sweats
- Weight Gain
Sensory and Gastrointestinal Changes Associated with Aging
- Sensory Changes
- Gastrointestinal Changes
- Energy Needs
- Resting Metabolic Rate
- Thermic Effect of Food
- Lifestyle and Exercise Energy Needs
- Common Deficiencies
- Vitamin B12
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Magnesium and Zinc
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Breast Cancer
Physically Active Women
- Fluid and Electrolyte Needs for Activity
- Carbohydrate Needs for Activity
A continuing education course for personal trainers, nutritionists,
dietitians, and other health and wellness professionals.