Course components are delivered as printed products:
Practical Yoga for Personal Trainers, Updated Edition Print CE Course
- Continuing education exam
helps fitness professionals customize yoga programs based on clients’ goals and needs. This course presents more than 50 yoga postures that strengthen and support clients at all levels and explains the basic kinesiology behind each exercise. Breathing techniques, meditations, visualization, and affirmations are also covered.
Practical Yoga for Personal Trainers
presents sport-specific yoga programs for jogging, cycling, golf, tennis, and dance conditioning as well as yoga programs for general flexibility, upper- and lower-body strength, core stability, weight loss, and stress reduction. Programs alleviate chronic fatigue, back pain, and discomforts of pregnancy. The course concludes with a continuing education exam for credit through participating organizations.
- Teach 21 classic yoga posses using cues and demonstration.
- Identify the basic kinesiology for 21 common yoga poses.
- Identify the four categories of contraindicated yoga poses.
- Understand why yoga qualifies as a somatic science.
- Explain the significance of sensory awareness and how it relates to yoga asana.
- Teach poses that strengthen the multifidus muscle and support core stability.
- Teach two breathing inquiries.
- Teach two primary breathing techniques.
- Teach simple meditation techniques.
- Use visualization (imagery) and affirmation (positive self-statement).
- Understand how yoga techniques complement sport psychology.
- Select, customize, and modify appropriate yoga postures to fit an individual client's needs, goals, preferences, and comfort level.
- Teach a general flexibility training program using 10 yoga postures.
Table of Contents
Part I: Yoga Theory and Techniques
A Somatic Science
Spinal Stabilization and Core Awareness
Releasing Tight Hips
The Yoga Postures
Managing Stress through Selective Attention
Yoga and Sport Psychology
Part II: Yoga Training Programs
Chapter 8. Improve Fitness, Yoga for General Flexibility Training
- Yoga for Strength Training
- Yoga for Core Stability
Chapter 9. Reduce Stress
- Yoga for Stress Reduction
- Yoga for Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia
Chapter 10. Promote a Healthy Lifestyle
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Yoga for Back Pain Management
- Yoga for Weight Loss and Addictive Behaviors
Chapter 11. Provide Challenge
- Yoga for Jogging
- Yoga for Cycling
- Yoga for Golf
- Yoga for Tennis
- Yoga for Dance Conditioning
A continuing education course for athletic trainers, physical therapists
and physiotherapists, group fitness and yoga instructors, and fitness