Course components are delivered as printed products:
Sport Therapy for the Shoulder text
- Video clips (accessible online)
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
At the completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
Sport Therapy for the Shoulder Print CE Course
- Describe the joint structure, muscle anatomy, and neurovascular anatomy of the shoulder.
- Describe the primary biomechanics of the shoulder.
- Apply biomechanical principles to understand throwing mechanics.
- Identify areas of injury risk with various sport movements.
- Explain the clinical evaluation process.
- Perform various range of motion and strength tests for the shoulder.
- Explain injury pathology of the shoulder.
- Describe the range of motion rehabilitation progressions.
- Describe scapular stabilization methods and progressions.
- Explain the rotator cuff exercise progressions.
- Describe the shoulder surgical repair and rehabilitation protocols.
- Describe the clinical decision making process for return to play decisions.
- Identify the key criteria for a return to sport evaluation.
- Describe the interval return to sport program for various sports.
provides best practices and evidence-based guidelines for assessing and treating patients’ shoulder injuries for re-entry into sport. This course will guide learners systematically through functional anatomy and biomechanics of the shoulder, examination techniques and pathology, rehabilitation, and return to play progressions.
This continuing education course includes the text Sport Therapy for the Shoulder: Evaluation, Rehabilitation, and Return to Sport,
written by renowned physical therapists Todd S. Ellenbecker and Kevin E. Wilk. The text provides evidence-based principles to assist clinicians in improving joint stabilization, strength, muscular endurance, and range of motion in the shoulder. Return to sport programs, including the Thrower’s Ten and Advanced Thrower’s Ten, feature step-by-step progressions for sports, including baseball, softball, golf, swimming, and tennis. The text is accompanied by an online video library that contains 21 video clips demonstrating how to perform specific tests.
Table of Contents
- Course Materials
- Course Instructions
- How to Access the Online Video
- Learning Objectives
Learning With the Sport Therapy for the Shoulder Book
- Chapter 1. Functional Anatomy of the Shoulder Complex
- Chapter 2. Mechanics of the Shoulder
- Chapter 3. Clinical Examination of the Shoulder
Online Video Learning Activities
- Chapter 4. Injury Pathology of the Shoulder
- Chapter 5. Rehabilitation Progressions
- Chapter 6. Surgical Repair and Rehabilitation Protocols
- Chapter 7. Clinical Decision Making for Return to Sport
- Chapter 8. Interval Return to Sport Programs
- Learning Activities Answer Key
Exam and Evaluation
- Exam Answer Sheet
- Course Evaluation
- Certificate Information