Course components are delivered as printed products:
Strength Training, Second Edition, text
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
Developed by a team of experts chosen by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), Strength Training, Second Edition CE Course,
provides an unmatched depth of coverage on all aspects of developing strength. It addresses critical topics such as strength assessments and includes the essentials of program design, guidance on nutrition for strength development, and thorough coverage of how muscles are trained and how they grow, setting the stage for optimal results.
The exercises in the second edition of the Strength Training
book feature color photos and use nearly every piece of equipment available, allowing you to tailor workouts to each client. Whether you’re designing a new resistance training program or fine-tuning an existing regimen, Strength Training CE Course
will help you ensure proper technique, safety, and progressions for proven success in increasing muscle mass, strength, power, and muscular endurance.
- Understand the science and physiology of strength training and the factors that contribute to the development of strength.
- Know the principles of strength training and effective strength training program design.
- Use a variety of testing and assessment tools to evaluate strength and power and interpret the results to design effective training programs.
- Understand the principles of proper nutrition and hydration for strength training.
- Design safe and effective endurance training programs to meet specific goals for a variety of abilities and ages.
- Be familiar with a variety of strength training programs, exercises, and training plans to maximize the development of strength.
Table of Contents
- Course Syllabus
- Course Materials
- Course Instructions
- Learning Objectives
- Learning With the Strength Training Book
Chapter 1. Muscle Anatomy 101
Chapter 2. How Muscle Grows
Chapter 3. Types of Muscle Training
Chapter 4. Nutrition for Muscle Growth
Chapter 5. Strength Assessment
Chapter 6. Types of Strength and Power Training
Chapter 7. Workout Schedule and Rest
Chapter 8. Safety, Soreness, and Injury
Chapter 9. Upper-Body Exercises
Chapter 10. Lower-Body Exercises
Chapter 11. Torso Exercises
Chapter 12. Explosive Movements
Chapter 13. Beginner Programs
Chapter 14. Intermediate Programs
Chapter 15. Advanced Programs
Chapter 16. Youth Programs
Chapter 17. Senior Programs
- Learning Activities Answer Key
- Exam and Evaluation
- Exam Answer Sheet
- Course Evaluation
- Certificate Information
A continuing education course for strength and conditioning
professionals, personal trainers, and other fitness professionals.